Braintree Electric Light Department
Braintree Electric Light Department or BELD, as its commonly known, is situated near the Quincy line in east Braintree. It was founded in 1892 by Thomas Watson, making the department one of the oldest of its kind in the country. It is governed by the Municipal Light Board that meets once a month to discuss electric businesses. The board also has separate meetings on broadband Internet access. Other services include telephone and cable.
- Hours: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm; Thu, 7:30am - 7pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The entry is street-level.
- Founding Date: 1892
- Services: Internet, Cable, Telephone, Electricity
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: No
- Wi-Fi: Free