The Braintree Fund for Education (BFFE) will be hosting a St. Patrick’s Day Celebration featuring DJ Jim Plunkett at 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 17 at .
Funds raised from this event will benefit the “Technology in the Classroom Program” and the “Teacher Grant Program” system wide. There is an event program book, offering businesses an opportunity to lend their support, with ads starting at $75 for a quarter page and topping out at $250 for a full page.
In addition, the BFFE is soliciting items to be included in the silent auction and sponsoring a “March Madness” raffle with a grand prize of $1,000. Since its inception the all volunteer, 501 (c) (3), BFFE has raised well over $250,000.
The funds raised have been used to purchase 21st century learning tools
such as short throw projectors, iPads and ELMO digital document cameras to name just a few. It is safe to say that there is not a student in Braintree that has not benefited from the donations raised by the Braintree Fund For Education.
Tickets to the BFFE St. Patrick’s Day Plunkett Night can be purchased for $25 at the following locations: (409 Pond St.), (95 Grove St.) (295 Elm St.) and all .
Auction prizes so far include:
- For the Sport’s Fan we have Patriot, Red Sox and Bruins Tickets. We also have a personalizad autographed framed photo of Bobby Orr that will be written specifically for the winner.
- For the golfers we have a gift certificate for a foursome of golf with carts at both the and the Harmon Club.
- For the Political Junkie we have a tour of the White House and Capitol with Congressman Stephen Lynch, a tour of the State House, one with State Senator John Keenan and one with Representative Mark Cusack and a tour of with Mayor Joseph C. Sullivan.
- Parents can send their kids to school in a police car (courtesy of the ) or a Fire Truck (courtesy of the )
- If you like to dine around Braintree we have more than $800 in restaurant gift certificates.
- Boston Beer Company has donated a “Bucket of Cheer” which includes a case of Sam Adams Beer each month for a year.
- Also, the March Madness Raffle will be drawn and the top prize is $1,000.
–Braintree Fund for Education