As the town finishes delivering 64-gallon trash and recycling barrels ahead of the Sept. 30 start date for Braintree's new waste automation program, local officials have put together a list of responses to frequently asked questions.
"Overall, the response [to the program] has been very positive, but we know change always brings questions that need clarification," Mayor Joseph Sullivan said in a press release.
"As the startup approaches, a number of frequently asked questions have arisen. The responses to those questions are being brought to your attention in an effort to continue outreach on the new program."
1. Please have your carts curbside prior to 7:00 AM on your collection day.
2. Cart lids must be closed, with the handle facing your home.
3. Extra household trash (sticker required) or recycling can be dropped off at the Recycling Center on Ivory Street, Monday-Saturday, 7AM-3PM.
4. Your old trash/recycling containers can be dropped off at the Recycling Center beginning October 7, through the end of November. The 32-35 gallon size barrels can also be used for yard waste.
5. This fall’s yard waste curbside pickup schedule includes every Saturday in November (5 Saturdays). Pickup begins at 7AM. Kindly note that barrels or brown leaf bags should be used, no plastic bags will be collected.
6. Stickers to use the trash Drop-Off Center and the leaf compost site are available at the Treasurer’s office in Town Hall. Please bring your car registration with you. For information call (781) 794-8130.
7. Only the blue and green colored, commercial grade, trash and recycling carts can be used for curbside pickup. No extra bags or barrels will be picked up.
8. You are still able to put out 2 bulk items every week (furniture, box spring and mattress), 2 or 3 roles of bound carpet (3-4 ft. lengths), 2 or 3 bundles of wood cut to 3-4 foot lengths.
In addition, the first full week of each month, you can call 617-361-8000/Sunrise Scavenger, to schedule your appliance pickup. Please give at least 48-hour notice, prior to your trash pickup day.
We will continue to bring you periodic updates, and as always, visit www.braintreema.gov/recycling or call (781) 794-8088 for information or assistance.