Red Cross Helps Braintree Man Displaced by Fire Sunday

The fire at 15 Heritage Lane happened Sunday morning and did not involve any injuries.

American Red Cross volunteers helped a Braintree resident whose public housing apartment caught fire Sunday morning, providing him with a hotel stay and other assistance.

The fire at 15 Heritage Lane – part of a complex owned by the Braintree Housing Authority – happened at about 11:15 a.m. and was quickly extinguished, causing no injuries, according to the Patriot Ledger.

One person was displaced by the fire, a representative for American Red Cross of Eastern Massachusetts said in an email.

"Volunteers provided him with emergency temporary shelter - a hotel stay, emergency funds for food, a comfort kit - which includes items like toiletries, and smoke packs - strong detergent that removes the smell of smoke from clothing and linens."

The complex on Heritage Lane sits on 6.750 acres and was constructed around 1972, according to assessors data on Patriot Properties.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »