The Braintree Fire Department responded at 4:30 p.m. to the house after receiving a 911 call, Lt. Ed Bulger said in an email. The fire began in a gas grill on a deck and also affected the exterior wall of an attached, one-car garage.
"Firefighters quickly knocked down and extinguished the fire before it extended to the interior," Bulger said. "There was substantial smoke damage to the interior of the house."
John and Mary Fowkes, their teenage daughter and Marys’ mother Catherine O’Neill live at the home. There were no injuries to anyone at the home nor to firefighters.
The fire was deemed accidental and the scene was cleared by 6 p.m.