Born on this day in history:King Louis IV of France (920), Rin Tin Tin (1918), Arnold Palmer (1929), Roger Maris (1934), Bill O'Reilly (1949) and film director Guy Ritchie (1968).
1. The 's Committee on Ordinance & Rules is meeting this evening at 6 p.m. at . The agena includes the on the acceptance of Massachusetts General Law Chapter 54, Section 16A, which states:
"In any city or town which accepts this section, if the warden, clerk or inspector, or the deputy of any such officer, if any, is not present at the opening of the polls, the city or town clerk may appoint a person to fill such vacancy who shall be an enrolled voter of the same political party as the absent officer, if any competent person enrolled in such party is present and willing to serve."
and also Councilor John Mullaney on an amendment to the mayoral section of the Town Charter.
1.5. The School Commitee meets this evening at 7 p.m. at the Colbert School. The agenda includes a vote on system-wide objectives and the BPS Professional Hanbook for 2012-2013.
2. The Braintree Historical Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall.
3. is hosting a trustees meeting in the Logan Auditorium from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
4. on Storrs Avenue is still looking for vendors for its craft show on Oct. 21. For more information, go to .
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
10 a.m. Scrabble
11 a.m. QiGong/Tai Chi
Noon Pool Players and Poker
12:30 p.m. Line Dancing (back today) Come join this fun exercise group
1 p.m. Trivia & Coffee and Belles & Beaux –Musical Entertainment (Cake provided by Royal Rehab Nursing Home)