The Globe Theatre in London burned down on this day in 1613. Also today in history: the interstate highway system was kicked off with the signing of the Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956, Soviet ballet star Mikhail Baryshnikov defects to Canada while on tour (1974) and a U.S. space shuttle docked with the Russian space station Mir for the first time (1995).
1. You probably couldn't forget, but don't miss tomorrow's 4th of July festivities in Braintree. For a full celebration schedule, go to .
And for live coverage of the event throughout the day, check in with Braintree Patch and follow @Braintrees4th on Twitter.
2. There is a chance of thunderstorms and showers this morning and afternoon, according to the National Weather Service, but tonight through tomorrow is looking clear. Slight chance of rain late Saturday night. It's going to be a hot one, too, with temperatures in the 90s.
3. hosts a Senior Yoga class from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Fridays at the hospital gym for those 55+. The first session is free and there is a $8 fee per class after that. To register, call 781-624-4367.
4. This is coming up very soon. A reminder from the town:
"Please note that effective July 1, 2012 the Town of Braintree will increase demand fees on overdue bills to $25.00."
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. Chess
9:30 a.m. Chair Yoga
10 a.m. Photography Group
11 a.m. Book Club Meeting – Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwall
Noon Pool Players
1 p.m. Art Group, Knit/Crochet and Bid Whist
2 p.m. Council on Aging Associates Meeting