On this day in history: American troops first arrived in France during World Way I (1917), the United Nations charter was signed (1945), President George H.W. Bush reversed his "no new taxes" pledge (1990), the U.S. Supreme Court struck down state bans on gay sex (2003).
1. The Concert Series tonight features FOUR GUYS IN TUXES – "If they can't perform your favorite number it can't be done by anyone! They've played everywhere for all occasions and this night promises to be a blast from the past. All requests will be taken until they can't play anymore. You'll like them!"
The series is sponsed by the .
2. The Board of License Commissioners meets at 2 p.m. in Fletcher Hall on the lower level of . The agenda includes a hearing on the all-alcohol license held by T.G.I. Friday's.
3. Don't forget to join our Live Chat with Mayor Joseph Sullivan at noon today. Have a question about life in Braintree? Ask the mayor! More info here: .
4. The Ben Affleck movie The Town is being shown at as part of in the Logan Auditorium this evening at 6:30 p.m.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. S&S Bus (housing) and Chess
9:30 a.m. Computer 101A and Bocce (outdoors)
10 a.m. SHINE ins. help, Walking Group and Wii Bowling
10:45 a.m. Computer 101B
11 a.m. Red Hat Meeting
1 p.m. Bridge & Cribbage and Ask the Lawyer (by appointment only)
5 p.m. Alzheimers meeting with speaker & light supper: