Born on this day in history: Nobel-winning economist Milton Friedman (1912), former MA Governor William Weld (1945), Gov. Deval Patrick (1956), actor Wesley Snipes (1962) and Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling (1965).
1. The , sponsored by , continues tonight from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. featuring HERITAGE HOUSE BLUES BAND.
2. As part of the concert series tonight, Mayor Joseph Sullivan and the Braintree Recreation Department are throwing the final "Party in the Park" of the summer:
"The grills will be heated for free hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, snacks and beverages.
Please join us and enjoy the festivities. Come early and don’t forget to bring your lawn chair or blanket. Parking is limited in the Sunset Lake lot and there is no parking on Safford Street per order of the Braintree Police. Parking is available in the municipal lot and the bank lots in South Braintree Square."
3. The meets at 6 p.m. in the auditorium at . The only item on the agenda is an update to the and a corresponding change to the zoning bylaws.
4. Right after the full council meeting, the Committee on Ordinance & Rules meets in the auditorium. The agenda includes at 7-11 Independence Ave. and a proposal .
5. Activities at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue today include:
9 a.m. S&S Bus (housing), Walking Group and Chess
9:30 a.m. Computer 101A and Bocce (outdoors)
10 a.m. SHINE ins. help and Wii Bowling
10:45 a.m. Computer 101B
11 a.m. Visiting Angels Talk (please call to sign up)
1 p.m. Bridge & Cribbage