Born on this day in history: poet Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809), actress Lucille Ball (1911), Spice Girls singer Gerri Halliwell (1972), and Joran van der Sloot, suspect in Natalee Holloway disappearance.
1. is hosting Storytime for Ages 1.5 to 3 in the Children's Room at 10 a.m.
2. The Annual Meeting for Jonathan's Landing Condominiums is also at Thayer Library from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium.
3. Showers and thunderstorms likely early this morning in Braintree, according to the National Weather Service. Mostly cloudy most of the day with a high in the mid-80s, clearing tonight.
4. Follow us on Facebook for updates, photos, conversation and more! Go to www.facebook.com/braintreepatch and like the page!
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
10 a.m. Scrabble
11 a.m. QiGong/Tai Chi
Noon Pool players and Poker
1 p.m. Trivia & Coffee