Warren G. Harding, the 29th and possibly most corrupt President of the United States, died today in 1923. Though an autopsy was not completed, Harding was said to have died of a stroke during a cross-country trip. Calvin Coolidge succeeded him.
1. A notice from the town's water and sewer department:
"The Water and Sewer Department has hired an independent contractor to perform a leak detection survey. This individual will be working during the day in residential neighborhoods and in high traffic areas at night.
This work should not have that much of an impact on the system but you could experience some discoloration in your water while the survey is being done. If you have any questions about this program, please call Lou Dutton@ 781-843-9205 between the hours of 7 am and 3 pm. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to improve our water infrastructure."
2. is hosting "Teen Craft: Make a Book!" from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Young Adult Room, and also Open Scrabble at 6 p.m. on the Lower Level.
3. There is a free concert at Smith Beach this evening featuring live musical entertainment of Jumpin’ Juba from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. For more info, go to .
4. The Braintree Rotary Club meets at 12:15 p.m. at .
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. Chess
9:30 a.m. Chair Yoga
12 p.m. Pool Players
1 p.m. Art Group, Knit/Crochet and Bid Whist