Born on this day in history: Pope Pius VII (1740), famous American gambler Doc Holliday (1851), comedian Steve Martin (1945), novelist Danielle Steel (1947) and actress Halle Berry (1966).
1. The meets at this evening at 7:30 p.m. The agenda includes National Grid petitions for work on Thayer and Atlas roads, a request for funds to , a proposal to and one to .
The Committee on Ways & Means meets beforehand at 6:15 p.m., also in the Town Hall auditorium.
2. is hosting the Second Tuesday Book Club at 6:30 p.m. in the Reading Room and "Be a Rock Star" for ages 4 and up at 2:30 p.m. in the Children's Room.
3. The Board of License Commissioners meets at 2 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall. The agenda includes a request for a precious metal dealer's license to be used at and another vote on .
4. The Housing Authority meets at 7:30 p.m. at 25 Roosevelt St.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. S&S Bus (housing), Walking Group and Chess
9:30 a.m. Computer 101A and Bocce (outdoors)
10 a.m. Blood Pressure (free) at Senior Center, SHINE ins. help and Wii Bowling
10:45 a.m. Computer 101B
1 p.m. Bridge & Cribbage