Born on this day in history: Alfred Hitchcock (1899), Fidel Castro (1926) and Danny Bonaduce (1959).
1. The 's Committee on Personnel Issues meets at 6 p.m. in the auditorium at to discuss the 's job description.
2. is hosting a storytime for all ages at 10:30 a.m. "Listen to the humorous tale of 'Bats at the Ballgame' written by Brian Lies, the Massachusetts artist of the summer reading program's art! His artwork is being used in every state in the country this year. Then make a bat of black paper."
3. If you haven't already, go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/braintree_historical_commission to participate in the Braintree Historical Commission's survey.
4. The Community Preservation Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall this evening.
5. is hosting the Teen Writers Group from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Young Adult Room.