Today, of course, is the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Millions are expected to tune in during the early morning hours across the pond here in the United States to watch Kate, wearing an unknown but highly anticipated dress, wed William, who will not be wearing a wedding ring to the chagrin of many, but which is apparently royal protocol. That was for everyone living under a rock.
1. Don't forget to get to tonight at 7:30 p.m. for "," a fundraiser for the Braintree Fund for Education, which donates technology and teacher grants to Braintree Public Schools. Tickets can be purchased for $25 at (409 Pond St.), (95 Grove St.), (295 Elm St.) and (29 Elm St). They are also available at all Braintree schools or by email at email@example.com.
2. There is a U.S. Census meeting at from 9:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium.
3. An assembly for juniors and seniors at Braintree High School will feature speaker Cory Hanlon. Invited by the BHS chapter of SADD, Hanlon will share his personal experience with drunk driving and its tragic consequences.
4. Today is the deadline for summer job applications from the recreation department. Returning workers also need to file applications, which are available at 85 Quincy Ave. More information can be found in this announcement:
5. Baseball, softball, tennis, lacrosse and volleyball all play today. Too many to mention here, but if you visit the following website there is a schedule of all the matchups, including time and place: http://www.highschoolsports.net/school/Braintree-High-School-Braintree-MA/All/All/All/.