Born on this day in history: Hall of Fame baseball player Willie McCovey (1938), Frank Sinatra Jr. (1944), Rod Stewart (1945) and Pat Benatar (1953).
1. The Special Education Parent Advisory Council meets at Thayer Public Library in Conference Room B at 6 p.m.
2. Also at the library this evening is a Thayer Public Library Board of Trustees meeting at 7 p.m.
3. A funeral will be held at 10 a.m. today for Braintree Police Detective Maura Cesarini, who died of cancer after a long battle this past weekend. The service is at Holy Family Church 601 Tremont St., Duxbury, MA 02332.
Uniform of the Day: Class A long sleeve w/tie, cover, white gloves
Chief Russell Jenkins said the BPD will wear black arm bands and maintain its flag at half staff for one month in honor of Cesarini.
4. The Rotary Club of Braintree meets at Emerald Hall today at 12:15 p.m.
5. Clear skies continue today and tonight in Braintree, according to the National Weather Service. High around 43 and low around 26 degrees.