Born on this day in history: Benjamin Franklin (1706), Anne Bronte, an author and lesser known than her sisters Emily and Charlotte (1820), Al Capone (1899), Betty White (1922), famous hairdresser Vidal Sassoon (1928), actor James Earl Jones (1931), Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (1954), actor Jim Carrey (1962), Michelle Obama (1964), Kid Rock (1971) and NBA all-star Dwyane Wade (1982).
1. Braintree’s 22nd Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Peacemaker Celebration will honor Sunny Shaw tonight at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. Refreshments beforehand at 6 p.m.
BCAM will air the ceremony live at 7 p.m. on the government channel. More info: http://braintree.patch.com/articles/sunny-shaw-to-be-celebrated-as-braintree-peacemaker
2. The Special Education Parent Advisory Council and the BPS administration meet at 11:45 a.m. in the Special Services Office at Braintree High School.
3. The Rotary Club of Braintree meets at 12:15 p.m. at Mastrangelo Family Catering.
4. The Braintree High JV ice hockey team has a home non-conference game vs. Milton at Weymouth MDC at 5 p.m.
5. Have photos from yesterday's snowfall? Share them in our Pics & Clips Gallery: http://braintree.patch.com/pics#photo-4755336.