On Nov. 9, 1965, the great Northeast blackout occurred as several states and parts of Canada were hit by a series of power failures lasting up to 13 1/2 hours, according to the NY Times.
1. Anything Goes will be performed at Braintree High School tonight at 8 p.m. Tickets will be available at student lunches and online and are $15 for evening shows and $12 for the matinee show. More information here: http://braintree.patch.com/articles/cole-porter-classic-coming-to-braintree-high.
2. The ARC of the South Shore meets at Thayer Public Library for a Social Security Disability Program presented by Kristen Alberino of the Social Security Administration from 9:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Logan Auditorium.
3. Remember, Braintree's Veterans Day Ceremony is this weekend, on Sunday, Nov. 11 at East Middle School. Refreshments at 9:30 a.m., ceremony at 10:30 a.m.
4. There is an all-night BHS grad fundraiser at Bradbury's Boutique at 8 Elm St. in Braintree Square from 6:30 pm. to 9 p.m. More info at http://bradburyselegantgifts.com.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9:15 a.m. Exercise
10 a.m. Special Van Ride to Walmart/Roche Bros. and Weight Loss Support
11 a.m. Tai Chi Class and Library van ride
Noon Pool Players
1 p.m. Women’s Poker