Every four years, because the Earth does not rotate around the Sun in precisely 365 days, there is a leap year and February gets another day. But you all know that. Here, though, is some trivia for you: leap years occur in unison with U.S. presidential elections, happen every eight years on rare occasions (the next time will be between 2096 and 2104), and also coincide with the summer olympics and the European Football Championship.
1. The Braintree Contributory Retirement Board meets at 10 a.m. on the second floor of 74 Pond St.
2. Braintree High School is hosting orientation for grade 8 parents at 7 p.m. this evening.
3. The Braintree Art Association meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium at Thayer Public Library.
4. The Rotary Club of Braintree meets at 12:15 p.m. at Mastrangelo Family Catering.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. Chess
9:30 a.m. Chair Yoga
10 a.m. Photography
11:30 a.m. Quilting Group #2
Noon Pool Players and Senior Luncheon $6.00 tickets on sale at Senior Center
1 p.m. Art Group and Knit/Crochet
2 p.m. COA Associates meeting