Born on this day in history: Aristotle Onassis (1906), actor Lloyd Bridges (1913), Martin Luther King Jr. (1929), and Drew Brees (1979).
1. The Town Council's Committee on Ordinance & Rules meets at 6 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall this evening. Topics include a potential salary raise for the mayor and the acceptance of Commerce Drive as a town road.
2. The Special Education Parent Advisory Council is hosting a seminar at Thayer Public Library from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. called "Planning For the Future of Your Child with Special Needs." It is in the Logan Auditorium.
"Presented by Dave Harmon MSW, MBA, CLU, ChFC, a Registered Representative for AXA Advisors, LLC in Wellesley, MA, where he has built an insurance, investment, estate tax planning and financial planning practice. For the past ten years, his practice focused on helping families plan for the financial future of their loved ones with special needs."
3. BHS varsity athletics today:
Boys basketball at Weymouth at 6:30 p.m.
Girls basketball at home against Weymouth at 5 p.m.
Girls ice hockey at Notre Dame at 5:40 p.m.
4. All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church is hosting a Women's Sharing Circle at 11 a.m.
5. It will be sunny and clear with a high of around 41 today, accorinding to the National Weather Service, with possible snow after midnight.