Born on this day in history: Victor Hugo, author of Les Miserables (1802), musician Fats Domino (1928), Johnny Cash (1932) and singer Michael Bolton (1953).
1. The Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall. The agenda includes a funding request for the Monatiquot Riverwalk, a petition to re-zone 107 Hancock Street and a State of the Town Address from Mayor Joseph Sullivan.
2. The Board of License Commissioners meets at 1 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall. The agenda includes a continuation of the alcohol license hearings for Four Square and The Landing Pub, a petition by Mason's Automotive at 60 Pearl St. for licenses, and various taxi company license renewals.
3. The Teen Advisory Group meets at Thayer Public Library from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Young Adult Room.
4. The Municipal Light Board meets at 5 p.m. on the second level of 150 Potter Rd.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. S&S Bus (housing) and Chess
9:30 am. Computer 101A
10 a.m. Walking Group and SHINE Ins. help
10:45 a.m. Computer 101B
11 a.m. Red Hat Meeting
1 p.m. Bridge & Cribbage and Ask the Lawyer (free) by appointments
5 p.m. Alzheimer’s Meeting Please call to sign up! Speaker: Visiting Angels