On this day in 1782, the U.S. and Great Britain signed documents ending the Revolutionary War. In 1835, Mark Twain – aka Samuel Clemens – was born in Missouri. Pink Floyd released their album The Wall in 1979. Bill Clinton visited Northern Ireland in 1995 – the first U.S. president to do so.
1. Former Celtics player Chris Herren, whose NBA career was derailed by injury and substance abuse, will speak to Braintree High School students today at 9 a.m. and 12:40 p.m.
More info: http://braintree.patch.com/articles/chris-herren-brings-story-of-hoops-career-derailed-by-substance-abuse-to-braintree-high
2. Donald Ross Elementary School is hosting its Holiday Shopping Night from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. tonight with local vendors.
3. Tomorrow, Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m., the Conservation Commission meets at Watson Park for a site visit to check out plans for the Monatiquot River Walk.
4. Thayer Public Library is hosting Getting Started with Gmail at 10 a.m. on the lower level. Registration required. More info: http://www.eventkeeper.com/code/events.cfm?curOrg=THAYER.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9:15 a.m. Exercise
10 a.m. Weight Loss Support
11 a.m. Tai Chi Class and Library Bound (please call for van ride)
Noon Pool Players
1 p.m. Women’s Poker