Born on this day in history: Pope Paul V (1550), writer Frank O'Connor (1903), musician Hank Williams (1923), author Ken Kesey (1935), U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Souter (1939) and race car driver Jimmie Johnson (1975).
1. The Community Preservation Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall.
2. Thayer Public Library hosts the Nonfiction Book Club from 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Conference Room B this evening. This month's selection is The Perfect Storm: A true story of men against the sea by Sebastian Junger.
3. All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church hosts Singing Meditation at 7 p.m.
4. The library also features Tween Craft: Collage a Box from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium today. "Use collage techniques to make an artful box in this craft program just for tween patrons ages 9-12. Participants can create a jewelry box, a custom container for art or school supplies, or a one-of-a-kind holder for just about anything!"
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
10 a.m. Scrabble
11 a.m. QiGong/Tai Chi
Noon Pool Players and Poker
12:30 p.m. Line Dancing