On this day in 1994, the Major League Baseball season was cancelled because of a strike brought on by disagreements between the owners and the players. After resuming in 1995, MLB saw a big drop in attendance and interesting fan lashout moments, such as when men wearing "Greed" T-Shirts jumped onto the field at Shea Stadium and threw dollar bills at players.
1. boys freshmen football plays at home against Brookline at 4 p.m. this afternoon.
2. The The EMDR International Association is hosting a Greater Boston meeting at from 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium.
3. The Blue Hills Regional football team takes on Nantucket at 5 p.m. today.
4. Should be sunny today in Braintree with a high approaching 80, according to the National Weather Service. Chance of showers on Saturday and clear skies Sunday.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9:15 a.m. Exercise
10 a.m. Weight Loss Support
11 a.m. Tai Chi Classand Library Bound (please call for van ride)
Noon Pool Players
1 p.m. Women’s Poker