Born on this day in history: novelist Louisa May Alcott (1832), author C.S. Lewis (1898), wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler (1949), comedian Howie Mandel (1955), Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano (1957), former Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel (1959) and actor Don Cheadle (1964).
1. The Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall.
2. Reminder: The BHS PTO's Teacher Appreciation Breakfast is this morning. From the BHS website: "We are looking for breakfast items, such as baked goods, juice, fruit, casseroles, or other items that teachers might enjoy to start their day. These items can be dropped off at school or sent to school with students in the morning.... If you have any questions please contact Jean McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-849-9377."
3. Open Scrabble is at 6:30 p.m. on the lower level of Thayer Public Library this evening.
4. All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church hosts an Adult Yoga Circle at 6:30 p.m. and a Gay Men's Discussion Group at 7:30 p.m.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue includes:
9 a.m. Chess
9:30 a.m. Chair Yoga
11 a.m. Book Club Meeting
Noon Pool Players and Senior Luncheon $6.00 tickets on sale at Senior Center
1 p.m. Art Group, Knit/Crochet and Bid Whist