On this day in history: Roger Williams was banished from Massachusetts (1635), the Washington Monument opened to the public for the first time (1888), in 2006, Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion.
1. The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. The agenda includes a special permit application for a nursing home conversion at 20 Pond St., October Zoning Board of Appeals petitions and a discussion of Harvard Vanguard off-site parking at 280 Ivory St.
2. The Board of License Commissioners meets at 2 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall. The agenda includes a food license request from Five Guys Burgers & Fries, an entertainment license for the Farmers Market and public hearings on administrative matters for the California Pizza Kitchen and Ninety-Nine Restaurant.
3. The Town Council's Committee on Personnel Issues meets at 6 p.m. to go over the Town Clerk's appointment of an Assistant Town Clerk.
4. The Braintree Retirement Board meets at 9:30 a.m. on the second floor of 74 Pond St.
Also, the Flaherty Elementary School Council meets at 6 p.m. in the Media Center.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. S&S Bus (housing) and Chess
9:30 a.m. Computer 101A and Bocce (outdoors)
10 a.m. Walking Group and SHINE ins. help
10:45 a.m. Computer 101B
1 p.m. Bridge & Cribbage
3 p.m. Supper Club to: Alfredo’s/Quincy