Born on this day in history: singer Sam Cooke (1931), actress Diane Lane (1965), DJ Jazzy Jeff (1965), and Daniel Wayne Smith, son of Anna Nicole Smith (1986).
1. The Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium at Town Hall. The agenda includes a public street acceptance hearing for Commerce Drive, a hearing on unpaid bills from last year, and a hearing on a proposal to raise the mayor's salary.
The Committee on Ordinance & Rules meets beforehand at 6:15 p.m. and Ways & Means at 6 p.m.
2. The Board of License Commissioners meets at 2 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall. The agenda includes a request from Dave & Buster's to change its manager of record, food license petitions from Murray's Deli and Subway (at the Plaza) and alcohol license hearings for Four Square and The Landing Pub.
3. The Hollis School Council meets at 3 p.m. in Room 115 today.
4. The Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. S&S Bus (housing) and Chess
9:30 a.m. Computer 101A
10 a.m. Walking Group and SHINE Ins. help
10:45 a.m. Computer 101B
11 a.m. Red Hat Meeting
1 p.m. Bridge & Cribbage and Winter Party (Please call to sign up!)
3 p.m. Supper Club: Ninety-Nine/Weymouth