Dependable Cleaners, Boston’s leading provider of convenient and exceptional garment care, is dunking the myth that women will not wear their bridesmaids’ dresses again by providing tips on redesigning it into the perfect holiday dress.
Here are 5 quick tips from Dependable Cleaners’ Bridal and Wedding Restoration Specialist Elton Crespo on transforming a bridesmaid dress into a stylish holiday dress:
1) Shortening, removing, or adding sleeves depending upon the dress’ original style. Maybe you wore a ¾ length sleeve for a winter wedding, take off the sleeves for a spring chic dress.
2) Raising the hem line- Your dress might have been church appropriate right below the knee, but now that the ceremony is over, raise that hem line for a little fun, sass and flare for a dress more fitting for nightlife than Sunday mass.
3) Removing/ adding embellishments- Maybe the bride loved bling while your style seems to be a little more understated. Have no fear, remove every last morsel of rhinestone for a more elegant and classic style.
4) Adding straps- Some brides love uniformity with their bridesmaids, but now that her day is over add some stylish straps to the dress to give it a more refreshed and comfortable look.
5) Adding a stylish belt- the most dramatic change to a dress could be the simplest detail, adding a stylish belt around the waist.
About Dependable Cleaners
For over 65 years, Dependable Cleaners, a three generation family-owned company, has been providing premium cleaning services throughout greater Boston and southern Mass. Dependable Cleaners aims to maintain its legacy as Boston’s leading provider of superior garment care and exceptional customer service, while introducing the newest industry technologies and services to its customers. For more information, please visit www.DependableCleaners.com.