The divisional round of the NFL playoffs begins this weekend in Denver when the Broncos host the Baltimore Ravens at 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Locally, the New England Patriots host the Houston Texans Sunday at Gillette Stadium. Kick-off in Foxborough is scheduled for 4:30 p.m.
Patriots fans hoping for another AFC Championship game in Foxborough will be tuning in Saturday to cheer on the Ravens against Peyton Manning and the Broncos while fans wanting to see a Brady-Manning showdown with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line will be favoring the Broncos Saturday.
Of course, in either scenario, the Patriots need to knock off the Houston Texans Sunday to advance.
On the NFC side of the playoff bracket, the Green Bay Packers travel to San Francisco to play the 49ers Saturday night (kick-off is 8 p.m.). On Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks take on the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta (kick-off is 1 p.m.) prior to the Patriots-Texans showdown at 4:30 p.m.
Winners of divisional round weekend will move one step closer to playing in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on Sunday, Feb. 3.
There are a number of local places to catch the game. Here are some we found but if you know another please let others know in the comments section below.
- SouthSide Tavern – Washington Street
- Granite Grill - Granite Street
- Jamie's Grill & Pub - Columbian Street
- 99 Restaurant - 250 Granite St.
- UNO Chicago Grill – 250 Granite St.
- Four Square Restaurant and Pub – Commercial Street
Did we miss a place? Where will you watch the games this weekend?
AFC and NFC Divisional Round Games
- Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos (4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, on CBS)
- Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers (8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, on FOX)
- Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons (1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on FOX)
- Houston Texans at New England Patriots (4:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on CBS)