It will open at the former OfficeMax at 121 Pearl St., just a few hundred yards from its previous location in the Ivory Plaza. The 20,409-square-foot store, featuring "featuring an inspiring new design" and employing 60 people will open Feb. 16.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 9:45 a.m. and doors will open at 10 a.m.
Michaels will be giving away more than $1,000 in gift cards and prizes hourly throughout the day according to a press release. In addition, customers can win items for the whole family from the plinko prize board, which includes jewelry, art supplies, stickers and more, attendees can also capture the fun at the Michaels photo booth and share on social media using the hashtags #getcrafty #Braintree.
More from Michaels:
The celebration continues throughout the entire week after the grand opening event with free in-store craft demos Monday through Friday from 6 -8 p.m. Customers can enter to win a special gift basket all week long to be given away each evening. On Saturdays kids can explore their creativity with $2 kids club crafting events that continue all year long.
“We are thrilled to be joining the Braintree community and we hope everyone will come out to help us celebrate during our grand opening week,” said District Manager Brett Ramsdell. “Our new store features thousands of products that will inspire every crafter at any level from beginner to expert, plus classes for our customers to learn new skills in painting, cake decorating, knitting, scrapbooking and more.”
The store features an open design with wider aisles, warm colors and brighter lighting. Key departments are expanded and re-organized for easy shopping:
- Home Décor & Floral offers everything the DIY decorator needs to make a house a home, with wall art, tabletop décor, dried and silk floral, vases, candles, decorative storage boxes and seasonal items. Expert floral designers create one-of-a-kind arrangements to order to suit any décor or budget.
- The scrapbooking and paper crafts department features more than 3,000 styles of stickers and embellishments organized by themes like birthday, holiday, sports and travel. New varieties of loose paper, card stock, “bling” and a vast assortment of punches, stamps and ink pads, edging, electronic and manual die cutting, cropping tools, organizers, storage, adhesives and other necessities create a comprehensive selection for creating cards, home décor, personalized art and scrapbook pages.
- The jewelry department has more than 6,000 different styles of pre-strung and packaged beads including 1,900 bead strands, Swarovski crystals, specialty findings, pendants, charms and tools for everyone from beginner to expert beader. Michaels offers customers a chance to learn new techniques through its jewelry making classes.
- The kids and tweens department provides parents with a total solution to inspire their children's imagination through in-store crafting events and an expanded selection of art supplies such as crayons, markers, paint, craft sticks, pompoms, chenille stems, feathers, glitter and much more. Creativity is a breeze with apparel items such as Tulip Fashion paint, T-shirts and Duck® tape, plus a large selection of Crayola® products, activity kits and Creatology® foam.
- The art supplies area includes an expanded canvas selection and fine art papers with more shapes and larger sizes, more than 230 brushes and a broad selection of acrylic, oil and watercolor paints. Brushes and other products are arranged by skill level from student to professional to help any artist buy with confidence.
- Custom framing comes out from behind the counter with an open-style work area that encourages a hands-on design experience. Customers work with Michaels’ expert framers to lay out their artwork with mats and mouldings, which are color coded by price range to help customers select the right design for their budgets.