Care and concern for people and the planet will come together during at Braintree’s sixth annual Make A Difference Day.
Sustainable Braintree is sponsoring the event in conjunction with its Farmers
Market on Saturday, October 27, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Braintree Town Hall will be transformed into a collection center for new and gently used items that will be distributed to people in need.
Those who come with items to donate will receive a free, locally-grown pumpkin, donated by Harvard Pilgrim Health, until supplies run out. Make A Difference Day is a national day of helping others, a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors.
Created by USA WEEKEND Magazine, Make A Difference Day is an annual event that takes place on the fourth Saturday of every October.
We will be collecting QUALITY USED items:
- Adult Clothing (including interview attire) & Household Items (especially dishes and small appliances) for Interfaith Social Services’ Career Closet & Thrift Shop
- Children’s Fall & Winter Clothing (infant to high school) for the Kids’ Clothes Closet and Cradles to Crayons
- Baby Items (car seats, strollers, playpens, safety items, bedding, diaper bags - NO cribs) & Children’s Items (toys, puzzles, movies & books) for Cradles to Crayons
- Aquariums, Filters, Heaters, Food Bowls, Animal Toys & Cages/Crates for the New England Wildlife Center
- November/December Seasonal/Holiday Items, Books & Videos for the Senior Center
- Phones for Cell Phones for Soldiers
- Eyeglasses for Lions Recycle for Sight
- Material to Make Quilts for Children’s Hospital
As well as some NEW items:
- Toiletries (toilet paper, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, soap), Non-perishable Food, Paper Goods (incl. napkins & paper towels), Laundry Detergent, Cleaning Supplies, Diapers, Sanitary Items & Baby Wipes for the Marge Crispin Center
- Birthday Party Supplies (plates, tablecloths, cutlery, juice boxes, piñatas, goodie bags, wrapped candy without nuts) (open packages accepted) for Birthday Wishes
- Dog Food, Reptomin Turtle Food & Bleach for the N.E. Wildlife Center Dry
And some MISCELLANEOUS items and items that have seen better days:
- Broken/Unwanted Costume Jewelry for BHS School to Work Program
- Soda Can Tabs for Shriners Hospitals
- Old Keys for keyforhope.org
- Old Towels
- Capri Sun Pouches
- Box Tops for Education
- Campbell’s Labels
- Codes from Coke Products
- Wine Corks
- Old Sneakers (in any condition) for Recycling or Reuse (no cleats)
Residents are also encouraged to stop by Neighbor Brigade’s table to learn how volunteers are helping residents in temporary crisis.
Check Sustainable Braintree’s website for updates at www.sustainablebraintree.org/makeadiff.
For more information, or to volunteer, e-mail email@example.com or call 781-794-8338.
For more information about Make A Difference Day log onto www.usaweekend.com/diffday.