Invite a friend
In Singing Meditation a simple song is typically sung repetitively by the group until the song spontaneously dissolves into silence with a gentle signal to end the silence after several minutes.
The singing part of “Singing Meditation” includes a variety of vocalizations: toning, chanting, singing in rounds, singing in harmony and mantras.
The repertoire is interfaith/non-sectarian: Jewish, Sufi, Native American, Christian, earth-based, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan and others. Our goal is to sing or chant enough times that our collective vibrations resonate deep in the heart of each participant.
Some of the songs used in Singing Meditation are slow and contemplative. And, some are high energy and joyful with percussion and / or other instruments. The songs in Singing Meditation are deliberately chosen to be easy to learn.
All skills welcome. Join us the third Monday night of the month.
|Where||All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church 196 Elm St, Braintree, MA 02184 (Handicap Accessible)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Teens, Seniors|
More About All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church
Rev. Steve Wilson leads the All Souls Chuch on Elm Street in Braintree. Plans to bring universalist preaching to the town spread gradually for several decades in the 19th century before this church's construction was finished just after the turn of the 20th. Since then, classrooms have been added for Sunday school, the building has been rebuilt after a fire, and Magic Years Nursery School began educating children at the site. Other activities present at the church today include a Younger Explorer's Program, various adult workshops and involvement in outside community activities like Sustainable Braintree.
Other events here
- Women's Sharing Circle Weekly on Tuesdays, 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Adult Yoga Circle Weekly on Thursdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Gay Men's Discussion Group Weekly on Thursdays, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- COMMUNITY YARD SALE - Vendors Welcome Sat, Jun 15, 10:00 am–3:00 pm
- LESBIAN SUPPORT GROUP September 16, 2012 / October 21, 2012 / November 18, 2012 / December 16, 2012 / January 20, 2013 / February 17, 2013 / March 17, 2013 / April 21, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / June 16, 2013, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- Singing Meditation Monthly, 7:00 pm
- Buddhist Reflections Monthly, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm