Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 28, 2012
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree today.
On this day in 1919, the Treaty of Versailles was signed in France, officially ending World War I. The war lasted just less than five years and resulted in the deaths of about nine million people. The treaty was signed five years to the day that the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria sparked the conflict.
1. The School Committee meets at 7 p.m. this evening at the Colbert School. The agenda includes: bids for Braintree High painting, tile replacement at South Middle School and Liberty Elementary School and glass replacement system-wide, along with a food services report on lunch prices.
2. The Rotary Club of Braintree meets at 12:15 p.m. at Emerald Hall.
3. All Souls Church hosts a Free Adult Yoga Circle at 6:30 p.m. and then a Gay Men's Discussion Group at 7:30 p.m.
4. Thayer Public Library is home to several kid-friendly activities today, including Open Scrabble (all ages), Teen Craft and "Go Batty" for ages 7-11. For a full schedule, go to http://www.eventkeeper.com/code/events.cfm?curOrg=THAYER.
5. There is a dedication ceremony for the Senior Center's newly renovated kitchen at 4 p.m. this afternoon.