Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 3, 2012
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree today.
Born on this day in history: famous war correspondent Ernie Pyle (1900), Tennessee school teacher John Scopes, of the Scopes Monkey Trial on teaching evolution in schools (1900), singer Tony Bennett (1926), actor Martin Sheen (1940), and, of course, Tom Brady (1977).
1. The Planning Board is holding a special meeting this morning at 10 a.m. at Town Hall to address changes to the bylaw concerning the flood map as a result of changes to the federal government's flood insurance map guidelines.
2. Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 90, according to the National Weather Service. This weekend looks to be nice on Saturday and chance of rain and thunderstorms on Sunday.
3. If you haven't already, go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/braintree_historical_commission to participate in the Braintree Historical Commission's survey.
4. Are you constantly checking Facebook? Well how about getting some local news, events and other info in the mix? Follow Braintree Patch on Facebook for updates, photos, conversation and more!
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9:15 a.m. Exercise
10 a.m. Weight Loss Support
11 a.m. Tai Chi Class and Library Bound (please call for van ride)
Noon Pool Players
1 p.m. Women’s Poker