5 Things: School Committee Candidate Interviews, Braintree High Science Fair
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Feb. 6, 2013.
Born on this day in history: Aaron Burr, Vice President under Jefferson and the man who killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel in 1804 (1756), Babe Ruth (1895), actress Zsa Zsa Gabor (1917), actor Rip Torn (1931), Tom Brokaw and (1940), Bob Marley (1945).
1. The School Committee meets for a special session tonight at 7 p.m. at the Colbert School on Pond St. to interview the candidates to fill an empty seat. For info on the candidates here: http://braintree.patch.com/articles/school-committee-to-chose-among-six-for-empty-seat.
2. The Braintree High School Science Fair awarding ceremony is from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. this evening. Judging is from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the media center.
3. BHS is also hosting a Mock SAT Exam today from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. It is free but students must be pre-registered.
4. Thayer Public Library hosts Storytime for Ages 3-5 at both 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. today.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9:15 a.m. Exercise Class
10 a.m. Crafts and Quilting Group #1
Noon Pool Players and Poker
1 p.m. BINGO