5 Things: School Committee Budget Meeting, Holiday Help for Families in Need
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Dec. 6, 2012.
Before ever being headquartered in Washington D.C., the U.S. Congress moved from New York to Philadelphia on this day in 1790. The radio was used for the first time for a presidential address on this day in 1923, when Calvin Coolidge addressed a joint session of Congress. In 1947, the Everglades were dedicated, and in 1969, the Rolling Stones' concert at Altamont Speedway in California exploded in violence and four people were killed.
1. The School Committee's budget sub-committee meets at 4 p.m. at the Colbert School on Pond Street.
2. The Town of Braintree has provided information on its website about holiday assistance for families in need. For more information, go to http://www.braintreema.gov/News.aspx?402.
3. The Conservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall.
4. Thayer Public Library is hosting "Puzzle Making Craft for Kids" at 3:45 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium.
5. The Rotary Club of Braintree meets at 12:15 p.m. at Mastrangelo Family Catering.