5 Things: Retirement Board, East Middle's Cougarbowl
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Jan. 24, 2013.
In 1908 on this day the first Boy Scout troop was organized in England. Former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill died on Jan. 24, 1965. Serial killer Ted Bundy was put to death by electric chair in 1989 in Florida. The O.J. Simpson trial featured the prosecutor's opening statement on this day in 1995.
1. The Braintree Contributory Retirement Board meets at 10 a.m. on the second floor of 74 Pond St.
2. Mid-term exams continue at Braintree High School today. Math and foreign language.
3. East Middle School puts on its Cougarbowl at 6 p.m. this evening.
4. The Braintree Rotary Club meets at Emerald Hall at 12:15 p.m.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. Chess
9:30 a.m. Chair Yoga
10 a.m. Photography Group
11:30 a.m. Quilting Group #2
Noon Pool Players
1 p.m. Art Group, Knit/Crochet and Bid Whist