5 Things: Relay for Life Kick-Off, Braintree High PTO
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Feb. 7, 2013.
Born on this day in history: Saint Thomas More (1478), Charles Dickens (1812), Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of the Little House series (1867), Nobel Prize-winning author Sinclair Lewis (1885), writer Gay Talese (1932), actor James Spader (1960), singer Garth Brooks (1962), comedian Chris Rock (1965), NBA All-Star Steve Nash (1974).
1. The Braintree High School PTO meets at 7 p.m. this evening.
Also, The 2013 All Night Grad Party Committee is seeking volunteers and invites those interested to come to the PTO meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the Media Center.
2. Relay for Life, dedicated to raising funds to support American Cancer Society, has a kick-off meeting at Town Hall at 6:30 p.m. More info here: http://braintree.patch.com/events/relay-for-life-kick-off-celebration-2ebe0472
3. The Conservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall.
4. The Rotary Club of Braintree meets at Mastrangelo Family Catering at 12:15 p.m.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue today include:
9 a.m. Chess
9:30 a.m. Chair Yoga
11:30 a.m. Quilting Group #2
Noon Pool Players
1 p.m. Art Group and Knit/Crochet