5 Things: Post-Blizzard Monday, School Committee Meeting
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree today.
The Blizzard of 2013 ranks as the fifth largest snowstorm in recorded Boston history, with 24.9 inches recorded. Followed by the mostly uneventful 2003 blizzard, the Blizzard of '78 ranks second, at 27.1 inches. More at the Boston Globe: http://www.boston.com/news/weather/boston_snowfall_records.
1. Braintree schools are closed today. Keep up-to-date with storm recovery efforts at our storm center: http://braintree.patch.com/articles/blizzard-of-2013-braintree-info-center
2. The School Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Colbert School on Pond Street. The agenda includes discussion of the superintendent search and possible selection of an interim committee member.
3. The Community Preservation Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall.
4. The Morrison School Council meets at 4 p.m. in the Media Center.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
10 a.m. Trip Drawing for St. Patrick’s Day Trip on 3/13/12 and Scrabble
11 a.m. QiGong/Tai Chi
Noon Pool Players and Poker
12:30 p.m. Line Dancing