5 Things: Disabilities Commission, BHS MCAS, Historical Commission
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Feb. 4, 2013.
On this day in history: George Washington was elected America's first president under the Constitution (1789), Rosa Parks was born (1913), Patricia Hearst was kidnapped (1974) and in 2004 the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that gay people could marry.
1. The Commission on Disabilities meets at 6:30 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall.
2. Students at Braintree High School take MCAS Biology tests today.
3. The Braintree Historical Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall.
4. Thayer Public Library hosts "Monday Night Craft Series: Adults & Teens" from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium.
For more today at the library, go to http://www.eventkeeper.com/code/events.cfm?curOrg=THAYER.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
10 a.m. Scrabble
11 a.m. QiGong/Tai Chi
Noon Pool Players and Poker
12:30 p.m. Line Dancing
1 p.m. Trivia & Coffee