5 Things: Braintree School Committee, Thayer Library, All Souls Book Clubs
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Jan. 28, 2013.
Born on this day in history: Saint Thomas Aquinas (1225), King Henry VII of England (1457), Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim (1940), comedian Mo Rocca (1969) and singer Joey Fatone (1977).
1. The School Committee meets at 7 p.m. at Braintree High School this evening. The agenda includes fiscal 2014 budget presentations from department heads, filling a committee vacancy and a discussion on space needs solutions.
2. The Thayer Public Library Board of Trustees meets at 7 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium.
3. The Nonfiction Book Club also meets at Thayer Library, at 7 p.m. in Conference Room B. This month's pick is A mathematician reads the newspaper by John Allen Paulos.
4. All Souls Church also has a book club this evening. At 7:30 p.m., it meets to discuss In Sweet Company: Conversations with Extraordinary Women about Living a Spiritual Life. More info: http://www.allsoulsbraintree.org/news.php.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
10 a.m. Scrabble
11 a.m. QiGong/Tai Chi
Noon Pool Players and Poker
12:30 p.m. Line Dancing
1 p.m. Trivia & Coffee