5 Things: Braintree High Parent/Teacher Conferences, Grades 4 and 5 Book Club
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Nov. 15, 2012.
On Nov. 15, 1969, some 250,000 people protested the Vietnam War in Washington, DC. Like the recent demonstrations, it was a largely peaceful affair with a few violent splinter groups that drew tear gas from the police.
1. Parent/teacher conferences for families with names A-K are at Braintree High School this evening from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
2. Thayer Public Library is hosting a Book Club for Grades 4 and 5 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Children's Room. More info and events here: http://www.eventkeeper.com/code/events.cfm?curOrg=THAYER.
3. Sustainable Braintree has its annual Community Meeting at Town Hall at 7 p.m. this evening. More info here: http://braintree.patch.com/events/sustainable-braintrees-community-meeting.
4. The Rotary Club of Braintree meets at 12:15 p.m. at Mastrangelo Family Catering.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. Chess
9:30 am. Chair Yoga
Noon Rotary Luncheon for Thanksgiving—see newsletter for info & call to sign up (space limited) held at Emerald Hall!
1 p.m. Art Group, Knit/Crochet and Bid Whist
3:30 p.m. Wisdom Works Support Group Meeting