5 Things: Braintree High Freshmen and Sophomore, South Middle Dances
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Feb. 8, 2013.
The Stars and Stripes military newspaper was published for the first time today in 1918. Founded on Feb. 4, 1971, four days later the NASDAQ stock exchange began trading as the world's first electronic market. Author Jules Verne (1828), who wrote Twenty Thousands Leagues Under the Sea and other adventure tomes, was born today, along with actors James Dean (1931), Nick Nolte (1941) and Seth Green (1974).
1. Keep up-to-date on the effects of the blizzard at our Braintree Patch storm info center: http://braintree.patch.com/articles/blizzard-of-2013-braintree-info-center
2. Freshmen and Sophomores at Braintree High School have a dance tonight at 7 p.m.
3. Sixth graders at South Middle School also have a dance today, at 2:30 p.m.
4. Due to the possibility of severe weather, Thayer Public Library's Teen Creative Writing Group scheduled for today has been rescheduled for Friday, Feb. 22 at 3:30 p.m.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9:15 a.m. Exercise
10 a.m. Weight Loss Support, Van Trip to Bld. #19 & Hilltop Plaza - all for spot.
and Yellow Dot Program See newsletter for info!
11 a.m. Tai Chi Class and Library van ride
12 p.m. Pool Players
1 p.m. Women’s Poker