5 Things: Autism Network Meeting, Community Preservation
A run-down of events and other useful information for your life in Braintree on Jan. 14, 2013.
Born on this day in history: Benedict Arnold (1741), Andy Rooney (1919), Faye Dunaway (1941), columnist Maureen Dowd (1952), LL Cool J (1968) and Jason Bateman (1969).
1. The Braintree Autism Network for our Daughters and Sons, BANDS, meetsat 7:30 p.m. at Emmanuel Parish. "The meetings are open to all parents or guardians of children who live in Braintree and have an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or live elsewhere but attend school in Braintree and have an ASD. There is no cost or obligation and membership is confidential."
2. The Community Preservation Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall.
3. Flaherty Elementary puts on its Winter Concert today – 9:30 a.m. for the school and 1:30 p.m. for families. "Fifth graders will sing. Fourth and fifth graders studying an instrument will play. Performers should wear black pants or skirt and white top."
4. There is a chance of showers before 11 a.m. today in Braintree, according to the National Weather Service. Should clear out later, high around 54 degrees.
5. Have something you'd like to see in Five Things? Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.